Monday, August 17, 2026

Whose my favorite SoulCalibur character?

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, I got a short announcement before I get to today's topic. Following this blog entry I will be on a little notable hiatus. I figured to properly start one with talking about my favorite SoulCalibur character.

I previously confirmed a long time ago who that was. I actually liked a lot of characters outside guest ones in the series. An handful of them wasn't deal a good hand in SoulCalibur V like Kilik. Another personal favorite being Maxi that made using nunchucks awesome.

My two favorite female characters being Ivy and Tira respectively. The characters stand out more than you think. I also liked the original Astaroth as well. I wasn't a fan of the newer Astaroth myself. I do like Cervantes easily one of the greatest villain characters.

Of course, I do think playing as any mimic character as a rather unique experience. I have a surprisingly complex answer to this question. My favorite SoulCalibur character always has been Nightmare. To clarify, the original Nightmare that originally was Siegfried possessed.

He later gotten his own body after loss Siegfried through unexpected help. I wasn't a fan of the newer Nightmare that was Raphael possessed. Before Nightmare officially appeared in the first SoulCalibur game. There's a particular secret outfit for Siegfried that's a prototype design.

Nightmare has such an menacing appearance. Parts of him are monstrous with a notably huge right hand. He wields Soul Edge in the form of a giant sword. Which does have a giant eye in the design. Nightmare is actually the physical form of Soul Edge whose an abyssal being that takes forms of weapons.

Indirectly I'm saying Siegfried is my favorite character. It's more of a rather sick alternative version of the character I absolutely love!!! Yes I do like regular Siegfried as well. They given such demonic lines to the character. You would be surprise he can easily wield that sword in matches.

As many people knows you can customize outfits for the roster. Yes I have made a few custom outfits for Nightmare. The voice is what really sells this character. Such an evil presence you wouldn't expect if you're new to the franchise.

In most of the original timeline, he's the main antagonist. Even without Siegfried easily took out armies. It took SoulCalibur allowing itself to be wielded by Siegfried to put him down. Nightmare actually among the most powerful beings you play as in the series.

Nightmare has surprising depth to his character. There's no good while further corrupting Siegfried while he's still bonded to Soul Edge. This weapon wants a massacre with a huge body count. I love a lor of moves the character has including SCVI finisher.

Which is also shared with Inferno. Siegfried took the weapon from Cervantes. Keep in mind, Siegfried started with good intentions. In a way you felt sorry for everything he's either manipulated or forced to do. Nightmare is among the sickest looking weapon based fighting games ever!!!

This thing has such demonic eyes that just sticks with you. I always loved the overall default armor design. I was a little surprised many people also had him as their favorite SoulCalibur character. During his rein of terror had one of the most legendary rivalries in fighting game history.

I know some perceptive of their stories might not properly went as shown in the games. I can tell you every single time Nightmare fought Siegfried. Everyone wanted more of these two facing each other. Yeah that's a huge factor in itself why I liked Nightmare so much.

Nightmare is hands down among the most evil fighting game characters I ever seen!!! SCV Nightmare was a major let down. Thankfully he notably differs from how Siegfried fights. It's difficult to say whose fighting style I personally like more.

Siegfried fights more like Berserk's Guts. Who also wields a giant sword with ease. Nightmare is more like a powerhouse that doesn't show mercy. Siegfried also fights with a longer sword. If we were to include additional weapons they could wield.

Nightmare also could wield a more complete version of the weapon. It's the same version Night Terror wields. Night Terror is a more powerful form of the character that's a secret boss. In most versions of SoulCalibur III. Night Terror is absolutely terrifying in comparison.

Night Terror also had SoulCalibur similar to Abyss. Who was Zasalamel tested his crazy theory with combining both abyssal weapons together. Nightmare is a different ball game from Siegfried. The team always made Nightmare in cutscenes look bad ass!!!

Even for a few seconds seeing the character left such an impact on people. Now that's a testament how well designed the character truly is. Along Nightmare is around no one safe at all. I once entered an SoulCalibur tournament at Otakon many years ago as the character.

Unfortunately I loss the first match it's fine though. I would love to compete in another SoulCalibur tournament. Even getting pass the first match would be redemption for me. Yes I would likely play as Nightmare again. Indirectly he reminds me of Lord Deimos from Mace: The Dark Age.

Who also wields a long sword in another weapon based fighting game. Funny enough, majority of the characters fighting to get a powerful weapon. Siegfried himself does predate Lord Deimos while it's up to you on Nightmare. The precursor design does predate his design. The official design itself was a few years later in the first SoulCalibur.

Nightmare always been rather interesting to me. Yes he does manipulate other villain characters like Tira. It wouldn't be SoulCalibur without the weapon Soul Edge after all. I felt the original Nightmare worked amazingly well for it's time. A timeless fighting game villain that people wants more of. Yes even after that version was killed off.

I personally loved how they handled the character in SoulCalibur VI. Which acted as a newer take on the first SoulCalibur events. Easily one of my favorite appearances of the character. Nightmare has a strong presence in both Story Modes. I think I said enough Nightmare is easily one of the greatest fighting game characters!!!

I don't think there's much else I could've said that haven't already been said a thousand times!!! Nightmare is still among the most popular SoulCalibur characters. This might be just me here I really would love the character to appear as a future guest character in an Mortal Kombat game. Can you imagine how hype this could possibly be?

One of the greatest fighting game villains known for his brutality along with wrathful, reckless determination. He already would fit in incredibly well with the Mortal Kombat characters. I could see some truly brutal finishers it has the potential to be something truly amazing!!! Add in the possible jokes in the intros we got a crossover that should possibly renew interest into the franchise.

No comments:

Post a Comment