They didn't confirm what the third and final story was. I apologize I can only discuss my thoughts on the other two stories. I actually found both of them strangely interesting. One of the stories is a twisted parody of Freaky Friday and Pet Sematary. Freaky Friday I believe recently gotten a legacy sequel. There's a few similar concept movies by now.
Where two people suddenly swapped bodies after they slept. They had to live each other's lifes unless they could swap back. We're adding in Pet Sematary from Stephen King that's mess up!!! The story involves a pet later a child died. The dad buried both of them in an Indian burial ground. Which caused their corpses getting possessed killing people.
If I understood the direction of the story correctly. Bart dead while Homer thinks Santa's Little Helper is but actually unconscious. Somehow the two swapped bodies with Bart getting buried there. Indirectly, this is a little similar to Treehouse of Horror VIII's Fly vs. Fly segment. Except this is more supernatural than science.
They also confirmed two of the writers had an argument. This argument became a joke within the segment itself. I always welcome when they parody Stephen King stories. I felt majority of them including Not It were done well. Of course, I'm excited to see how this going to play out soon. I don't think it'll get Pet Sematary 2 crazy though.
I also don't think it's going to be as difficult to watch as Treehouse of Horror XXVIII's MMM... Homer. Which is also based on a short story by Stephen King. I sorta imagine a few other Simpsons characters burying. A lot of quick jokes within seconds.
The real challenge being it's such a mess up concept that quickly turns people off. How exactly is The Simpsons going to make it entertaining for an family? Somehow they find a way to do it. Considering Treehouse of Horror 36, Bart been getting the bad end of the stick.
He literately died in every segment with the last happened off screen. At least they aren't having him killed repeatedly again. It's not often when the pets gets involve with Treehouse of Horror stories. I hope they don't reference the episode they quickly went through pets.
For fellow Simpsons fans you already know the episode in question. Where almost every pet they had in the episode dies. They eventually get a new similar cat to Snowball 2 that gets renamed after em. They might reference the three failed cartoon shows that literately gotten buried by the show again.
If it isn't obvious already this is a spiritual successor to Bad Dream House. The original segment that forever kicked off Treehouse of Horror episodes. Which also involved an Indian burial ground. Indirectly, it is similar to Treehouse of Horror III's Dial "Z: for Zombies.
Where the Simpsons kids by accident caused the undead to rise in a graveyard. I also do like when you could reference other segments to a degree. None of these stories are in the same canon though. It sure makes discussions quite interesting though playing off the what ifs.
The other confirmed story actually gotten me really hyped!!! I was absolutely mind blown they are actually doing this!!! They are going to do a parody of The Nightmare Before Christmas. Yes they will be doing it in stop motion. Which takes a long time to even do the little things. This might even get the record for the most time spend making an Treehouse of Horror episode just over that style animation.
Once again, Stoopid Buddy Stoodios whose responsible for Robot Chicken involved. Previously, they helped with Treehouse of Horror 35's Denim segment. They also helped in two cough gags on the show. In Season 24 and Season 28 respectively that were both great!!! They already working on two Robot Chicken specials.
This made the announcement of their involvement an bigger surprise. The last few years they been working with stop motion animation in their Halloween episodes. Last year, it was Plastic World in Treehouse of Horror 36. I loved it when they experiment with different animation styles. Especially when it heavily impacts the overall direction is deeply welcomed.
More recently they done that with Extreme Makeover: Homer Edition with their Joker parody. The Nightmare Before Christmas was a twisted Halloween and Christmas movie. Parts of the movie took place on both holidays. Considering a lot of possible directions they could go in. This has the potential being one of the finest parodies among the 2020 Treehouse of Horror episodes.
The assumption is this could be the final story. Slightly more time to work with more true in Disney+ version. I felt if they would've start with this. The rest of the episode quickly fall afterwards. You would be setting up hype too soon. This would kill any chance at being a decent Treehouse of Horror episode. We're talking a few minutes within the episode to pull this off.
Which is notably a little shorter than many cherish stop motion Christmas specials. Honestly, I wish they would've went bigger by making it a full episode like Not It. Even better if they would've went Disney+ exclusive episode route. This would've given them plenty of time in a few ways. They work on it more than most episodes on the side.
Disney+ exclusive episodes do differ in length. Which means they could go as long as needed to properly finish it. Considering this is stop motion we're talking about here. They really should've went this route for parodying The Nightmare Before Christmas. The expectations from people is going to be scary high as well.
The team wants to make Treehouse of Horror episodes scary again. Well this is your chance don't screw it up. The easiest part of the process is the voice acting. They easily could record every actors and actresses' voice overs in advance. They also can time voice overs to a degree. The overall movement aspect is what takes the longest by far.
Even Tim Burton had trouble to pull it off. He had someone else came in to help with the stop motion style. Burton made a few movies since that used stop motion. Disney also owns both The Nightmare Before Christmas as well as The Simpsons. This is one of those dream Treehouse of Horror segments people wanted for years.
I know it's crazy they waited thirty three years to do this. At the moment I'm curious to know what the final story is? We're getting a freaky body swap parody along with an ambitious stop motion one. How much crazier is Treehouse of Horror 37 going to be? You probably could tell I really can not wait to see this new Simpsons Halloween episode!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment