Friday, October 11, 2024

Top 5 Things I wanna see in Killing Time: Resurrected

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, next week on the 17th. Nightdive Studios finally releases Killing Time: Resurrected. I played some of their remasters, I'm very hyped for it. Especially after watching their newer trailer. Here's my direct quote that perfectly sums it up. "I never seen an remaster looked this good in my entire life!!!"

Killing Time was originally an 3DO game. They was a deal to bring the game to PC. The game completely got remade while brought many things from the original 3DO version. This newer version suppose to be the true definitive version. In all honestly, I already know this is going to blow people's minds in a great way.

I figure to reveal the five things I wanna see in Killing Time: Resurrected. I'll try to keep it somewhat possible. Nothing like "They need both campaigns in this!!!" Considering they're doing something surprisingly more unique to make up for that. I'm not going to hold such an thing against them. I really can not wait to play this game myself.

1. Better lighting

Some areas are incredibly difficult to see due to lack of lights. Especially with a lot of enemies waiting to attack you. I would greatly appreciate an option to bright in game lighting to help with that problem. Therefore, it's no longer something we gotta work with. If you get hurt or killed in those areas with better lighting, it's on you not them.

I know some people will be very funny how brightness works in games. In this particular case, you can barely tell an enemy right there. Usually you gotta listen to them or likely get attacked by em. I actually felt this criticism of the PC version I owned justified. I for one would want anyone playing it to have a fighting chance in those dark areas too.

2. Option to pick which versions of enemies separately

Yes I know they already confirmed you can swap versions of enemies out. We don't fully know what that entitles though. Personally I would love a more unique direction. Where you can manually pick which versions of enemies you wanna face. Therefore, you can spice things up especially late at night. This could even bring more chaos than limiting versions of enemies alone, I love it!!!

Just throwing out an scenario to help give people an idea what I'm talking about. I would have 3DO Clowns with PC Skeletons in that one section of the Conway Estate. Now that kinda would be interesting right? Skeletons likely throw projectiles at you. At the same time force to adapt to that plus Clowns attacking you.

I know it strangely feels like Doom series doing this. Even doing this with the insect enemies could be rather interesting as well. Just allow our imaginations run wild. You could make several areas easier or harder simply by swapping enemy versions. Now that by itself helps to bring replay value to the game.

3. Better showcase of abilities

In particular there's an entire set of key items required to start the end game with. Each one has a different ability that helps in some way. It would be nice if they explain in game better what each of them do. Also improve the usage of some key items as well. Just don't buff the player too much. I felt this could help balance the game a lot.

4. Mod support

I know it isn't Doom or Quake popularity. Just imagine the crazy mods this game could get. Especially with a feature that directly plays em. This could add a lot more replay value to the game. There's plenty of potential to make this game even better than it already is. The possibilities what you could do are virtually endless.

5. Better map screen

Considering this plays like an FPS metroidvania Doom style game. Obviously you will get lost a lot during runs. I felt the map screen needs a lot of stuff to make it better. Such as a better way to tell which section of the map you're in. They also could make it even easier to tell where you at. This is a huge map filled with enemies, I do mean a lot of enemies.

I am aware some parts of the map would be tricky to pull off on that screen. I'm sure they will figure something out. Also any additional info would help a lot. An idea where key items are or roughly how many enemies are in that section. Even if there's any ammo left to find. You also don't want too useful of a map.

I just meant you got a lot of ground to cover. The last thing you'll need is getting confuse over where to go. Simply by trying to find out where you are on the map. Thankfully there isn't many boss fights in the game. Even a handful of these changes to the map screen. Essentially makes the game way better than it ever has been.

Ending portion

I considered a lot of stuff they revealed prior to writing this blog entry. I personally would like to thank Nightdive Studios bringing new life to a game that actually needed it. This is virtually day and night with this newer version. Killing Time: Resurrected could even be their greatest remaster to date on release.

You can tell Nightdive truly loved this game with an passion. I'm sure from start to finish you likely going to love it too. I already was hooked with the first trailer. The newer trailer pushed the game possibly being the next game I'm going to buy. It's very rare especially for an remastered game to do that for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment