Saturday, June 29, 2024

Some retro surprises during vacation

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, I enjoyed my vacation seeing my parents. During those weeks, I found out some rather unexpected rereleases actually happening. Later on, a bigger surprise that further caught me off-guard. I mostly going to talk about trailers. I didn't think this year would deliver some of the games I really wanted for a long time!!!

I'll start with Gex Trilogy, a new trailer showed up nearly a year after it's announcement trailer. Previously they parodied James Bond since GoldenEye gotten two recent rereleases. This new trailer they parodied John Wick. Like the other trailer, there's some good animation. You actually get to see some game play of the three Gex games too.

I know some rather wanted a more modernize versions of these games. I expect this will be get criticize like MediEvil Remake. People are rather picky how they want classic games. I hope Gex Trilogy comes to GOG since the original Gex already there. I was worried this wasn't going to happen after awhile.

They confirmed Fall you can preorder it. Honestly, I hope this collection game does well. Limited Run Games previously done Jurassic Park Classic Games Collection. I may not own that, I do have a friend that owns it. My expectations for this as well as Rocket Knight Adventures: Re-Sparked are high.

From this point on, all of these are a huge surprise to a lot of people. I'll start with Fighting Force Collection. Limited Run Games also doing this collection game. I actually grew up with both Fighting Force games. I had Fighting Force 1 on PS1 as a kid. More recently, I got Fighting Force 64 on Nintendo 64.

Fighting Force 2 I had on Sega Dreamcast. Although my memories of it are questionable at best. Two vastly different games in one collection. It will be no surprise most will prefer the original Fighting Force. Fighting Force 2 never set well with me. Also considering this franchise isn't barely a gem reputation.

I really didn't think this collection game would happen. If anything the original Fighting Force more likely happen. Fighting Force 1 was almost Streets of Rage 4 before Sega left. Fighting Force 2 is more of a require taste kind of a game. Maybe you enjoy it or you won't. What I can say is you can play the original Fighting Force with another person helps a lot.

Marvel vs. Capcom Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics blew my mind hard. Previously we had Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins. Which had Marvel Super Heroes (Arcade game) and Marvel vs. Capcom 1 respectively. Here we're getting the entire original Marvel vs. Capcom series. But wait there's more, we also get The Punisher Arcade too.

In nearly every possible way, I kept getting beyond sold. The complete original series is something I really wanted. The Punisher Arcade was a nice bonus. The Punisher always been one of my favorite vigilante characters. I previously had the Genesis port as a kid. Now I can play the original Arcade game is pretty sweet.

Add in the same team respectable for both Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle and Capcom Fighting Collection. WOW, I do recall people weren't happy Marvel vs. Capcom games weren't in Capcom Fighting Collection. Personally I am happier they gotten their own collection game. The only real issue is this won't be on Xbox.

Not because Microsoft turned it down. No it's because of a particular program that made some collection games possible doesn't work with Xbox Series X/S. Although similar programmed collection games from Xbox One can work on newer Xbox consoles. I was deeply overjoyed among first seeing the announcement trailer.

Just when I couldn't get any happier this year. GOG surprised me with Resident Evil 1-3 classic versions. Right now Resident Evil 2 and 3 isn't on the service. But if you bought Resident Evil Bundle, you'll get em automatically. I have some unfinished business with these games. Not to mention, I really wanna play BioRand mod.

BioRand is truly ridiculous stuff for a randomizer RE mod. It works on all three Resident Evil games. This mod acts as a nice bonus you have to get separately. At the same time, all the insanity you could possibly want. This also possibly opens the door for more Capcom classics to get on GOG in the near future like Dino Crisis.

Speaking of Dino Crisis, a recent Capcom survey. I know by now it's a broken record to a lot of people. Dino Crisis was the most requested Capcom franchise to get either a sequel or a new game. Even beating Mega Man, Devil May Cry and Resident Evil respectively. Honestly I had tears of joy finding out about it.

I couldn't believe it for a few minutes. For a few years, I did want these RE games to return. I do get why some aren't happy about it. So what it's not on consoles, GOG perverse these games from extinction. This is possibly the greatest thing to ever happen to em in years. Now a lot of people that missed out on these amazing RE games can finally play em too.

I grew up with two versions of Resident Evil 1 as well as Resident Evil 2. As for RE3, I previously owned the GameCube port. Same with RE2's GameCube port. Obviously people wants Silent Hill 2 classic and Silent Hill 3 to get on GOG soon. Capcom always finds a way to make people so excited to be alive.

Also people that only played RE3 Remake. They now can see what they missed from the original RE3 game. I will be brutally honest, it's not even close!!! Although I never was big into RE3 myself, I did state to like SH3 more. I will say this these RE games are totally worth revisiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment