Sunday, June 9, 2024

My thoughts on Xbox Games Showcase

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, today there was a live stream filled with video game announcements called Xbox Games Showcase. Not long ago, Sony done theirs not much to say. I figured more than enough these announcements gotten my attention. I should share my thoughts on em. Microsoft went quite big with their ego today lol.

I will discuss them in order they appeared in. This should help make it easier to keep following the stream. Majority of the announcements is a long list. I didn't have enough interest to cover the entire Xbox Games Showcase. Even if I did, this blog entry would be quite lengthy. It's better to just cover the announcements that gotten me the most interested.

Seriously quickly scroll through the entire blog entry, I think this is long enough already.

1. Doom: The Dark Ages

Recently I was hearing rumors of a new Doom game. I still haven't finished Doom: Eternal neither do I own it. I swear eventually I'll get it with the story expansions. Now this trailer from start to finish, I was instantly sold. We bring some futuristic aspects to medieval here. Simply going by the texts earlier in the trailer, this is a prequel.

We don't know if this took place before the events of the original Doom. A concept they surprisingly haven't done before. They had remade it with Doom 3 series. Let's be honest that's not the same. Funny enough, among many Doom campaigns you can add into the first two Doom games. One of them so happened to be called Doom Zero.

Unofficially someone done the concept before Bethesda. I always welcome a new Doom game. As long as there's so many demons with a lot of weapons. Plus some truly sick music while I'm playing. Doom: The Dark Ages is going to be among my top choices to play on Game Pass in the near future. This might be the sickest looking Doom game ever!!!

Assuming they might do more story expansion dlcs. Which in this case could be rather interesting. I really wanna see more than what was actually shown. I always been a huge Doom fan for many years. I also love Medieval stuff to a degree. I felt this one could be the single goriest Doom game in existence. Also you get to fly an dragon further sold me on this!!!

2. Fallout 76: Skyline Valley (expansion)

It's safe to say I have just enough interest in Fallout series to talk about. I actually moderate someone on Twitch that's been playing Fallout 76 for months. The option to play as a ghoul, you know the world going to go upside down. Fallout 76 is like a more multiplayer Fallout 4 with even more ridiculous options.

Fallout in recent years is becoming a popular franchise for Bethesda. I was happy Fallout gotten announcement in some form today. Fallout 76 is among the most ridiculous games Bethesda ever made!!! Honestly, it took some time to come back from being heavily rushed out. Fallout 76 is clearly an underdog among many expansion announcements here.

Fallout 76 is virtually an online multiplayer Fallout game. Bethesda already done a similar concept with The Elder Scrolls series. Well I'm not here to discuss that game's announcement. I like Fallout because somehow it made post apocalyptic concept work for me. You also have some stuff that's strikingly similar to BioShock series that's quite interesting too.

3. Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater

The only game I previously talked about before. Simply going by the new footage shown. This Metal Gear game looks absolutely amazing. I'm still not happy they chosen the lazy voice over method. MGS3 always meant so much to me. I really wanna believe this is going to be great. However how Konami handled the more recent Metal Gear collection game, I heavily question that.

I didn't even mind The Boss' hair color was changed. They are attempting to make this even more realistic. Which is already a challenge because of how realistic the original game was. It was a rather unique experience that I still haven't experience else where. This remake is likely going to out do Silent Hill 2 Remake.

Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater where it stands either could be the very thing to bring the franchise back or further sunk it down. The original game was truly ahead of it's time. Many people are expecting it to somehow be better than the original game like Resident Evil 4 Remake. I will be brutally honest, I don't think it's in that good of a care.

4. Age of Mythology: Retold (surprise pick)

I'm still somewhat new into strategy games. I knew about Age of Mythology a long time ago. I'm surprised they are finally bringing it back. Considering a lot of newer games heavily influenced by mythologies. I shouldn't be this surprise to see the actual announcement. I think this is among a lot of games getting on Game Pass Day 1.

I would love to give this game a try even if I suck at it. I do like some mythologies with Greek, Norse and Egyptian mythologies being my favorites. I am curious to see what you actually can do in it. What I do know is a lot of people missed the original game a lot. I do think this game going to do amazingly well.

Age of Mythology: Retold could even possibly start a new tread. All of a sudden, these similar, older franchises comes back with newer versions too. I always welcome more mythology within anything. This should have enough content to keep you busy for months. Strategy games are time consumers in many ways, this one has Gods!!!

5. Perfect Dark

Here's a game I wasn't even sure if it's still being worked on or canceled. I waited a couple years waiting to find out if the game still happening or not. I was very happy with what was shown of the game. This alone way better than Perfect Dark Zero. This felt like a true modernize Perfect Dark concept.

It's a little weird, she's tasked with stopping Daniel Carrington. The name should be quite familiar with classic Perfect Dark fans. Carrington was Dark's boss in the original Perfect Dark game. This game looks ambitious with many ways to differ itself from the N64 classic. If Rare doesn't get rushed, this could be their best Xbox game in a long time.

Not to insult Sea of Thieves, sadly I still haven't played that. It was that reason I didn't include the new season announcement for that game. I am still happy Rare got some huge announcements out today. Perfect Dark is among my most awaited FPS games. I am crossing my fingers how the final game going to do.

We really don't want a repeat of Perfect Dark Zero on our hands. Which was still way better than Saints Row reboot. It's already difficult to go in with expectations. We got a really great FPS game on N64 and Xbox 360 respectively. We also gotten this lackluster prequel with a decent multiplayer mode. At least, the multiplayer could be something to look forward to if the main campaign isn't great right?

6. Indiana Jones and the Great Circle

I heard rumors for months about this license game. I'm even amazed MachineGames that's currently making Wolfenstein & Doom games are back with this. Obviously Harrison Ford is involved, a great sign. This is a spiritual successor to Wolfenstein series. From what was shown, it almost felt like an actual Indian Jones movie.

I still haven't watched the new movie. This also coming to Game Pass, I'm willing to give this a try too. This could be just like Ghostbusters: The Video Game was to it's movies. Honestly, I usually don't get excited over Indiana Jones games. This is a rare exception, I wanna play this soon. Let's hope it lives up to the hype.

Considering the last few Indiana Jones movies didn't do well finically. This game could be easily seen as a new Indiana Jones movie. If it's good enough, people may pretend the last two movies doesn't exist. In place of em will be this game, which would be a huge honor. There's a lot riding on this game that I don't want the hype to kill it before Indy gets going.

7. Wuchang: Fallen Feathers (surprise pick)

An actual new game not in a franchise. Wuchang: Fallen Feathers is similar to games by FromSoftware Inc. This might be an assumption, this game could be on similar levels of difficulty. We are talking games so hard, you might be playing em for years. It's a growing trend among RPG style that's heavily combat focused.

The trailer got me interested in it enough to keep an eye on the game. I really wasn't expecting any new games to do this either. I didn't even go into watching these announcements with a list what to see. I virtually went in blind, this game to me was quite interesting. Wuchang: Fallen Feathers could be a truly amazing game, I guess we will see.

More recently, I started to notice Chinese mythology coming back to video games. I'm somewhat inspired in Chinese mythology mostly Sun Wukong. Seriously, he's a strangely interesting God character in those stories. I am curious to see the level of creativity with a mythology like that. I also want the game to differ itself from those similar games, I know that's asking quite a lot.

I also gotta mention, we see this pile of corpses in similar style to many franchises. It's always risky to start a trailer off like this, I felt it worked well enough. The art work is truly impressive stuff. I also love seeing a weapon gets pulled out of a creature's back. I confess I'm not an hardcore gamer that can play games on their hardest difficulties often, I have done it though.

8. Assassin's Creed: Shadows

Another game I heard rumors about. Assassin's Creed is among the biggest game franchises in the world. I figured if an announcement were to show up, they had to reveal a new game in Japan. Well that's exactly what happened. Simply going by the trailer, two playable characters. An brutal samurai and a skilled female ninja aka kunoichi respectively.

Maybe it's just me, the sickest Assassin's Creed trailer ever. I played a handful of Assassin's Creed games. Most of them are open world sandbox games you assassinate people. Kinda like Hitman series except you are given more of the world to explore. I will be honest, if there was an Assassin's Creed game I would come back for, it's this one!!!

Assassin's Creed series is filled with so much content. Plus being in a particular era Japan would be truly amazing stuff. Obviously you gotta risk breaking your bank with franchises like this. There's a huge chance, this could be worth all that money. Just getting to explore Japan as two vastly different characters is already enough reason for me to play this.

9. Gears of War: E-Day

I played a lot of Gears games. Sadly Microsoft kept going heavy with the dlcs. Plus being a gamer, your list of games constantly increases. This is just a trailer, I do wanna play this one. Another prequel game like Gears of War: Judgment's earlier portions. I think we will see more of what happened. Not a lot of people knows there's additional books that extended the lore a bit.

I don't know how canon these books actually are. But a lot of franchises especially Star Wars does that. I do think this is going to be a great Gears game. Possibly going back to the basics as well as the classic Gears style. This could even be among the very best of them if it's done just right. I was quite excited among seeing the trailer, I do support this franchise too.

Gears of War: E-Day I think possibly could be the most interesting Gears game ever. There's still some stuff not fully answered. We might see more of Marcus' past. Personally, what I'm hoping to see above everything else. I really wanna see what triggered this war in the first place. There's no way their queen suddenly decided to go to war with humans just like that, something must've happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment