Monday, August 19, 2024

My thoughts on every Fandemonium matches (Celebrity Deathmatch)

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, not too long ago I talked heavily about Celebrity Deathmatch. I been considering to fully discuss all four Fandemonium episodes. Essentially fans voted for matches they wanted to see. I can say we got a rather interesting lineup. Altogether I'll be talking about eight matches that got voted in.

Obviously I won't be talking about the matches voted into MTV 2 version. Those doesn't even compare to these matches. I usually really enjoyed these episodes in particular. I'll also rank them after I'm done discussing the matches. Every season in the MTV 1 version had one Fandemonium episode.

Fandemonium

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Vince McMahon
I'll try not to repeat anything I previously said about this match. It was very rare for both fighters to be voiced by the actual celebrities. It was a classic WWF/WWE rivalry that was too perfect for the show. Stone Cold was a great supporting character for the show. We finally get to see him fight in the ring was such a high point.

2. Adam Sandler vs Chris Rock
This is a rather mess up story. Both comedians refused to fight each other on the show. They chosen to take em by force through security. They literately rioted their homes to kidnap the comedians. Security stayed close by outside the ring to prevent either comedian to leave. They tried getting out of fighting each other.

Eventually that led to Referee Mills Lane doing the unthinkable. He activates the Fan of Fandemonium. Which is surprisingly in the video game. After a quick discussion they finally fight each other for real. They are forced to rush killing each other or they both die. Which the later ended up happening due to Chris' finishing move backfiring on the machine itself.

I will see they look as well as sound like each other. Chris Rock was nailed better in both areas. Some could argue he might've gotten done better in his MTV 2 version fight. It's hard to believe MTV 2 version of Adam nailed those better. I felt both matches are quite fun to watch. I could argue this was the best round 2 for Fandemonium episodes.

3. Jenny McCathy vs Carmen Electra
Just in case someone asks, this was years before Jenny married Donnie Wahlberg. This was a rather unusual matchup. We had famous radio host, Howard Stern as guest referee. Whose one of two guest referees in Fandemonium matches to date. He previously won a fight himself on the show. The ring was filled with mud, yes they actually done the concept.

A mud wrestling fight to the death. I still say Stern was one of the worst guest referees they ever had. He kept stopping the fight to attempt over stepping boundaries with both the ladies. For a main event match it's not much. A few changes would've made this better. To me I grew up watching the show, I just wasn't interested in this match.

Especially with the first two matches were way more interesting comparison. I felt all that awesome gotten slowed down a little too much here. The ending of the match is a mess up one. Let's just say Electra wished she was electric. She left quite an impact while Stern felt mixed afterwards. For me, it's okay I just prefer a different fight altogether to end a show on.

Fandemonium 2

1. Ben Affleck vs Matt Damon
Both actors were given a couple minutes to invent a device. You can guess the concept is invent stuff to take the other people out. Now that helped made this a more interesting matchup. There's some creativity thrown in, I respect that. Sadly there isn't much else I could say about this fight. Other than a brutal, mess up ending.

2. Ozzy Osbourne vs Rob Zombie
I'm a huge fan of both these musicians. I was very surprised when I first found out about this match. This also was a rather unique one to talk about. Rob Zombie held the record of two deaths within the same match, I will explain it. This was a surprisingly short match. Ozzy took out Rob Zombie by removing his brain.

Ozzy prevented the referee from ending the match. He then made Zombie's corpse became an actual zombie. Ozzy got a little too careless leading to Rob trying to devour him. A surprising end to the match when zombie Rob saves his brain. Out of no where the zombie threw his own brain too hard against the ground killing itself.

This concept was later done with undead Stacy Cornbred vs Debbie Matenopoulos. If you considered Frankenstein's Monster a zombie. They technically done three matches with zombies. I felt loved how evil they made parts of the ring. They even had lava at one of the corners. Honestly this was a fun match to watch.

I should mention a few more things. Ozzy previously fought musician Elton John. I felt both these musicians were nailed very well. I would love to go to a concert with both of them performing live. You might be very surprised to know this isn't the darkest matchup I'm talking about today.

3. Marilyn Manson vs Ricky Martin (Unplanned)
I was a little funny if I should discuss a match that's not planned. Originally, Marilyn Manson would perform his new hit song in the arena. Which was quite rare they do stuff like this on the show. This also marked Manson's final appearance on the show. His final opponent was musician Ricky Martin.

Martin later came back in the MTV 2 version to lose again. I guess Manson gave him bad luck on the show. I would say not to be disrespectful to anyone. It seems every match after Manson's first one just isn't as rememberable. He defeated serial killer Charles Manson. Then he took two bands out in a fight he wasn't even in.

He later came back to face musician Garth Brooks. Which I felt was his second best fight. Hanson tried getting revenge on Manson to only do themselves in. This had the most lines Manson said in a fight. I should also point out, Manson looks very different between his fights too.

Manson was performing his concert. Then Ricky Martin decides to crash his party. This quickly led to a fight on stage. Ricky was nearly on top of every move Manson doing. Until he made a rather fatal mistake. He devoured one of Manson's hands that mutated. Which led to his demise in a brutal finisher.

Fandemonium 3

1. Beavis vs Butt-Head
I also recently discussed this match not long ago. Thankfully there's a few interesting stuff I can say. For most celebrities, their pictures involving mystery fighters are in square frame pictures. In this very rare case, both these cartoon characters were given circle frames instead. Also, it was a parody of Looney Tunes with Beavis & Butt-Head thrown in.

They are among the shortest celebrities that ever fought on the show. I always been a huge fan of this fight for many years. Beavis & Butt-Head at the time was also an MTV 1 show. It had a short lived MTV 2 seasons. More recently, two seasons on Paramount+. The newest season going to air on Comedy Central, the same channel with South Park no less.

2. Backstreet Boys vs NSYNC
This was a rather unusual team fight. Usually when they do team matches like this. The numbers aren't even, obviously it's five against five here. What I meant by that is one team has fewer members than the other team. Also they didn't use the time machine. Previously both these bands loss on the show.

Nick Diamond, one of the hosts made a deal with the devil. He was very below the belt what he accepted to bring both bands back to life. A huge fan of the show suddenly got traded to Hell itself. Originally this fan was given a VIP experience for the episode. Both bands had a combined form that's very unexpected among a first watch.

I can say probably my favorite fight with Backstreet Boys. Not as rememberable as NSYNC vs Kiss though. I personally wasn't that interested in this fight. Look I know bands like them are heavily loved by the ladies. The episode felt like Beavis vs Butt-Head was for the guys. So I felt them doing this for them was fair game.

Fandemonium 4

Survivor Battle Royale

I finally get to discuss the single biggest scale match they ever done!!! They done some huge matches before. Like two giant robot matches with bands. As previously stated they done bands against each other a few times. I have just as many that they planned to do. But stuff happened that prevented those bigger scale matches.

Mostly The Lord of the Rings Battle Royale. Constant black outs led to all three Super Freak matches being replayed. The second Halloween episode was going to be bigger. We're talking a lot of people in all three matches. Unfortunately, zombies quickly canceled those plans. In their place were some rather interesting matches.

Brendan Fraser vs The Mummy being my favorite out of the three. Second unplanned matchup was Sarah Michelle Gellar vs The Vampire. This actually was Gellar's second match on the show. Her first match had a weird twist that led to both her and Neve Campbell. Who was her first opponent to be winners.

At the time, people thought a platypus was the killer. An episode parodying Scream with the phone calls. Gellar basically got off easy from that fight. No less against The Vampire though. She got sucked to death, not in that way perverts lol. I meant the Vampire drank her blood completely. I already mentioned the unplanned main event with the interviewers.

The actual match itself

I know I still haven't discuss the actual final Fandemonium match. I think it's about time I do, people voted in the cast of the first two seasons of Survivor. We may had a handful of matches that lasted an entire episode with breaks from them. Such as Kelsey Grammer vs Roseanne Bar and Sting Phil Collins.

This was the only time we had an entire match with this many celebrities. A lot of them does enter the ring. They made it a little crazier than simply enter the ring like normal. All of them were placed high above the ring. Guest referee, Jeff Probst was in charge of voting people in. The audience voted the cast in was a great idea.

Sadly around a little over twenty of them doesn't even get to fight. Indirectly due to time constraints, they didn't go longer than normal length for this. They didn't hold back on the violence here. My mom whose a big Survivor fan wouldn't like this fight. I was mind blown when I first found out about this fight.

The animation alone was truly impressive stuff here. I know it's difficult to believe this got voted into the show right? Especially since Survivor is a CBS show that's still going today. There's plenty of back stabbing as expected of the show it represents. I felt most of the cast on those seasons were portrayed well enough with Susan being the worst.

Tina ends up winning the biggest match in the show's history. But of course they had to get Tina take Probst out too. Let's just say Probst now knows what a torch putting a flame out feels like. They even made a Survivor style intro just for this Fandemonium episode. They went the full distance with this crazy Survivor Battle Royale in every sense of the word.

Now it's time to rank every match in all four Fandemonium episodes from worst to best...
9. Carmen Electra vs Jenny McCathy
8. Marilyn Manson vs Ricky Martin
7. Matt Damon vs Ben Affleck
6. Backstreet Boys vs NSYNC
5. Ozzy Osbourne vs Rob Zombie
4. Beavis vs Butt-Head
3. Survivor Battle Royale
2. Adam Sandler vs Chris Rock
1. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Vince McMahon

I felt Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Vince McMahon was possibly too good of a match to kick Fandemonium off. Not even the second match in the episode could top it. They delivered a rather, unexpected take on that rivalry. Everything about this match was so perfect. I can't find a single problem with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment