Monday, August 19, 2024

My thoughts on Doom + Doom 2

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, not long ago recently a new Doom compilation game came out. A few companies including Nightdive Studios made it. Nightdive already had a few remastered games planned this year, I really didn't see this coming. I can confirm this is hands down the most definitive version of both Doom 1 and 2 I ever played!!!

Just in case anyone was wondering, I recently gotten every achievement in two versions.

Doom + Doom 2 (2024)
If you previously owned either Doom game on most services. You automatically get this new version free. Which they previously done with the last versions of both Doom games. Thank you Bethesda for saving me money. Majority what's from the previous versions is in the newer version. You get a lot for your money with this.

You get four episodes of Doom 1, Doom 2, Master Levels for Doom 2, both halves of Final Doom, Sigil, Doom 2: No Rest for the Living, and Legacy of Rust. Legacy of Rust is two episodes that continues into Doom 2 essentially. In theory, we could see em as Episodes 5 and 6 of Doom 1. I know it might be a little weird to include Sigil.

Sigil 2 is among the mods you can play. Both Sigil mods were made by former employee John Romero. Sadly stuff happened during Quake 1's production that led to him leaving the company. Sometimes Romero streams on Twitch, he's a nice guy. Hopefully he'll make Sigil 3 in the near future only he knows for sure.

All previous mods that got added in the last versions are here. We actually can go further, they even added mod support opening the door to some Doom madness. You already have a lot of levels by default. Now possibly thousands of Doom levels you could play is mind blowing. I never seen either Doom game play this damn good in my entire life.

Achievement hunting can differ if you aren't cheating or not. It's very easy to get em all cheating. I don't mind since I always wanted to get every achievement in a version of both Doom games. This easily blew their amazing Doom 64 port out of the water. It rivals Blood: Fresh Supply and Quake II respectively.

I couldn't find the cheats option in the either version I owned. The last version had that, you can still cheat in the PC version through typing in codes. Game play wise, it's really good with one kinda minor issue. At times, I think it's the frame rate has trouble keeping up with the insanity. Some of these Doom levels has a lot of enemies on the screen.

I am deeply impressed how damn good this version of these Doom truly are. I really want them to remaster Harvester, which would be a controversial game to bring back. This made me even more excited for Killing Time: Resurrected. Yes I know I kept bringing that game up, it's my blog. I could talk about anything I want, I don't see an issue with it.

They even increased the amount of players for online matches as well as coop to sixteen players. Which is very mind blowing stuff coop wise. Multiplayer it's not that difficult to imagine. But ripping these levels apart with that many players is something. You may need to get a nice chair. A very decent snack unless you're about to eat dinner do that instead.

Make sure you have one of your favorite drinks then watch the madness goes down. You also get a newer soundtrack as well. Which I ended deeply enjoying as well. I love Doom music in general, I always welcome more of it. What a better way to open the door for Doom: The Dark Ages right?

I'm crossing my fingers, people vote in Master Chief vs Doomguy rematch to the web show. Death Battle, I been waiting since the original episode for that rematch no lie. Back to this, You also get the other nice bonus stuff like in their Quake II remastered. This is easily one of the greatest remastered games I ever played!!!

I always been a huge Doom fan. Now I got more reason to love it. Doom + Doom 2 is mind blowing stuff. It's difficult to stop playing it even with the mods. I bet the selection will get better soon. I been enjoying Simpsons and Helluva Boss Doom mods myself. You really getting so much for a great price.

This alone put Nightdive Studios among the most important game companies for me. Honestly, I was so impressed I'm going to jump on buying Killing Time: Resurrected as soon as possible. This is easily, one of the greatest FPS games I ever played period!!! You really can't go wrong with this remastered version of Doom + Doom 2, a very big recommendation indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment