Friday, May 31, 2024

Even more thoughts on Silent Hill 2 Remake

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, yesterday there was an Silent Hill stream. Mostly focusing on Silent Hill 2 Remake once again. Also shine some light on Return to Silent Hill movie as well. I think I made it clear how I felt about this. But I have even more stuff I gotta say from the new footage shown.

They finally announced the release date with a little surprising news along with it. The game officially coming out October 8th, later this year. The surprising part is originally they had an PS exclusivity deal. Now on that date with the PS5 version, we have Steam version. They release some of the voice cast for this new version.

I can only partly go off what's already shown. There's a huge chance I won't buy this game. Alone in the Dark reboot recently attempted to cash in on Resident Evil remake money. Obviously Silent Hill 2 Remake also guilty of that. I do like some character's appearances. I'm mixed about both James & Angela the most.

If I'm mixed about them, I'm likely not going to like Eddie's appearance in this either. James just not quite right, look I get it. Remakes are newer versions of classics. Of course, several changes had to be made. Which greatly affected the entire experience. For me, I'm just not sold on James in this version.

Not to come off rude or anything but what's wrong with Angela's face? She looks like she had work done in her mouth. I guess she hired the wrong dentist lol. I also not a fan of her new voice either. I felt they missed the mark heavily on her. I surprisingly do like Maria's appearance in this.

They shown more of the game play. You can quickly see the changes from the original game. I already criticize this but SH2 never was meant to be a combat focus survival horror game. It's almost like Konami trying to make Silent Hill into Capcom's Resident Evil. I'm still mixed on the graphics to a degree.

Art work is borderline neutral. They attempted to appeal to everything game play wise. If Saints Row reboot was proof of anything. It's not going to make everything happy. I do understand they had to modernize it. At the same time, they could've done a dramatically different style. They could've made something truly unique doing that alone.

For a first Silent Hill remake, things aren't looking well. Obviously, it's looking better than a lot of newer SH games. Audio wise, I hope they allow that composer do his thing. Akira is legendary in not only the songs but the overall audio for this franchise. He could make something small into a truly terrifying nightmare.

Silent Hill 2 Remake is also proof Konami doesn't listen to the fans. This has some of the shared issues as some of the newer SH games. I do think this game going to need a miracle or it'll further clement the franchise. Also with some shady tactics from Konami. It's almost like they want this to fall in order to rip people off.

Yes I have seen the deluxe edition deal, it's not great. Just for game itself is seventy dollars. Now with the additional stuff plus being able to play two days early. You get all of that for eighty dollars? I already felt Killer Klowns from Outer Space: The Game had a better deal. Let's do a quick comparison to further prove my point.

Silent Hill 2 Digital Deluxe Edition
Mire the Dog Mask
Pyramid Head Mask
Digital Artbook
Digital Soundtrack
48-hour Early Access
Game

Killer Klowns from Outer Space: The Game Digital Deluxe Edition
1 Week Advance Acess
2 Human Cosmetics
3 Klown Skins (food theme skins)
Slim (Klown)
1 Movie Klown Skin (Bibbo)
2 Human Characters (Mike & Debbie)
Digital Soundtrack
Digital Art Book
Game

Yes I preordered Killer Klowns, proud of it!!! I'm a huge fan of the movie, I really wanna support this game. I already think it's better than Dead by Daylight. Honestly, this game really blew my expectations away. I really wanna feel that towards SH2 Remake but it's the exact opposite.

All of that for sixty bucks now that's twenty dollars cheaper than SH2 Remake. Considering both of these are appealing to their respective fan bases. Also being an horror franchise, I felt this comparison was necessary. The little girl Laura kinda works in this remake version. We only seen footage of a few bosses so far.

This game already coming off a little dated. Already a red flag for those going big on this. Honestly, I would be amaze if it doesn't suck. Killer Klowns is doing very well right now. Also that had teams with experience of similar horror multiplayer games. It's kinda sad when an multiplayer horror game beating it this badly.

Not only that I still want to see more Pyramid Head. Easily the most famous Silent Hill character there is. We don't have much to go on how they're going to handle the character in this version. It's better to say DbD version that's pulled from SH2 already better in comparison. I felt SH2 Remake might differ too much from the original game.

Obviously going to upset a lot of people. Killer Klowns at least maintain what we love about the movie. Silent Hill 2 Remake with nearly every major announcement kept disappointing me. I don't wanna say the worst game of the year. We're not even half way through the year yet. I will say this my hopes for it already gone.

Silent Hill 2 Remake almost came off as a failure from the start. I really won't be surprise to see this get an episode on What Happened? either. I hope Matt adds a lot to salt showcasing his disappointment in it. I'm already disappointed this is how they wanna bring the fans back. We already giving us the right SH game to remake in the worst possible way.

I do agree the original Silent Hill should've got remade first. It's no secret some do prefer SH2 more. SH2 is among the best this franchise has to offer. Unfortunately, Konami got greedy with the opportunity. Just based on how they are treating Metal Gear franchise right now. I don't think SH2 Remake going to do well.

Konami could've properly allow them to do the game how they want to. It's quite clear Konami gave the team just enough time to hopefully get the game finished. I don't think it's going to be the most rushed out SH game. If it surprisingly is, I refuse to buy this version. Considering the more expensive technology, they properly needed more time.

Silent Hill 2 Remake is mostly showing me alerting signs. I don't have a solid reason to over look any of them. Once again Killer Klowns being way better before SH2 Remake came out. Further kills my hope this version going to do well. If it's lucky, it might be able than Homecoming.

I really wish Konami would've done a very different angle at remaking Silent Hill 2. I can't even properly explain in words how legendary disappointed I am. I hate to say it, some of the newer Konami collection games way better. Let's not even compare this to the original SH2 game. If it can't match those awesome rereleases, don't even bother comparing it to a true masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment