Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Updated Futurama review

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, it's official Futurama just ended for a third time. Man still not used to any shows ending more than twice. But Futurama is still among my favorites. I recently finished watching Season 14 through Hulu. Honestly, I got a lot to say while updating my Futurama review at the same time.

Futurama (2023-2026) Hulu run

Now I can confirm easily among the greatest runs the show ever had!!! I know I made it crystal clear I had a strong dislike for Season 5 not changed. I even felt a lot of these newer Futurama episodes are among the greatest to date. Futurama slowly joined in on doing specials like The Simpsons and South America used to be called South Park respectively.

Eventually I do plan on a rather ambitious review of The Simpsons Disney+ exclusive episodes. For the present, I wanna focus more on Futurama. There was a crossover episode with Disenchantment that now acts as a true conclusion to that show's story. Futurama proven there's still an insane amount of possibilities to explore.

Even about a show that's in a distant future. Futurama widely known for it's complexity in a way like The Big Bang Theory. I am a bit sad the show once again ended. I didn't think I would live through three of it's runs. Yet here I am reviewing it again with additional stuff. Yes I do think Futurama deserves this updated review.

I'm happy they kept expanding everything while doing a great job not being too much. The current season finale episode was a decent episode. They made sure the event Futurama came back for a fourth run. The door still open to deliver more insanity. I still felt the previous series finale is the one to beat. I will also agree to come back reviewing Futurama specials in the near future.

There's still a lot of great surprises that made the entire Hulu run among my favorites. I really didn't expect these newer episodes were going to be such inspiration as well as quite fun to watch. Maybe it's a good time to end the show before things started to go south not a shot at South America either. Some of the other animated sitcoms have questionable factors.

It's hard to say how much longer some of those shows going to continue for? Then again The Simpsons being the most famous example of a coach roach surviving a nuclear war. I'm still glad the cast came back for these episodes. Being a few seasons on a streaming services rather than airing them on television or in Season 5's case started as four movies.

Although streaming services still gets impacted by the amount of views like television shows. Thankfully Matt Groening still involved with the newer seasons. I can't believe being him to end the same animated sitcom three times must've felt like!!! I even felt these newer seasons were notably better than some of the newer seasons of The Simpsons.

Somehow these newer seasons felt a little better or close to the original run. Now that's a testament how well these seasons were truly done that speaks volumes. Unfortunately they didn't do any What If Machine episodes. There's a few holiday episodes to a degree. Of course, Bender always doing stupid stuff I can't get enough of.

Just when you think you know or seen everything. Futurama always does something you really couldn't expect or see coming during 1st watching. Honestly, the show kept adding surprising connections you really wouldn't expect. Like Leela and Dr. Zoidberg actually are cousins no joke. I also welcome seeing more of the universe or a complex concept.

I also felt in a way they ended the show to help get more views towards the newer seasons of King of the Hill show. I'm talking about the newer revival show also on Hulu to clarify. Beavis & Butt-Head came back through Hulu but ended up on Comedy Central. Which would also be it's overall third run. Indirectly some people must've be thinking Hulu declining.

Futurama felt like keep it the way it was. But also modernize it in a way that doesn't ruin the show. Which is out doing a lot of newer related shows to many classic cartoon shows. It's already out doing a time capsule. A time capsule is a container with stuff placed inside. You hid it usually in the ground for a notable long period.

Then someone digs it up to see how well that capsule held up? Futurama bounced back from the worst that kept getting better. The uniqueness of it all is why I always put it ahead of The Simpsons. But both of them are still among the most creative shows I ever watched!!! Not to directly insult The Simpsons with this logic.

It's quality over quantity with The Simpsons being quantity in this situation. There's still a lot of great episodes in that show though. Futurama was a great spiritual successor that's in the same shared universe. In a few areas The Simpsons didn't nailed as well. Especially where Futurama truly shines bright!!!

Futurama was truly next level stuff with it's third run. I actually wanted more episodes with the last season being an episode shorter. But through the specials going to still end up as the longest season in that run. It's such logic you really need to use to while watching the show. Honestly, it's a great party no one really wanna leave anytime soon!!!

I knew as soon as I started seeing posts the show ended a third time. I had to do an updated review of the show. I'm quite happy to do just that since it's such a great show. Futurama is a show people always want more of in some form. Even Groening himself felt inevitably the show could come back. Also happy Fry stayed married to Leela in the third run.

They even went out of their way to do an episode involving water. Which quickly became a series of parodies that somehow worked together. Futurama kept a lot of characters around despite things!!! This show filled with so much potential to be something truly amazing. Futurama is a show that always changes perceptive even in weird angles.

Yeah the confusing seasons system being a notable issue. Largely due to it's second run on Comedy Central. The fact we nearly waited a decade for it's third run. Honestly, the newer seasons felt well worth the wait. They really knew how to keep it a great show. I know that leaves us with one question. Which run was superior between it's 1st or 3rd run?

Majority of their episodes are well done for their time. Both had many episodes I'm a huge fan of. It really coming down to the little things. After much needed consideration I decided to go with it's 3rd run. I actually laughed more in this run than it's 1st run. Being an animated sitcom that's critical here.
The further adding to back stories was a huge factor.

Also some of the bigger twists were better executed in it's 3rd run as well. I didn't expect to finally change which run of Futurama I liked the most? Both are notably better than it's 2nd run. I felt majority of Futurama fans would agree to that. But end of the day, it's 3rd run really went the distance. Some truly fantastic episodes I really couldn't ignore either.

Another thing I respect even if some view it as a small thing. Hulu run consistently kept each season at ten episodes. Which is tricky to do even for a streaming animated sitcoms. Another huge factor is the cast still works incredibly well after such a huge time gap between it's 2nd and 3rd runs. The current run it ended in truly felt like the perfect run in every sense of the word.

I also wanna confirm the specials didn't impact my decision. I will say it's 3rd run felt like how the 1st run did many years ago was among the most mind blowing aspects!!! Which was a rather difficult thing to pull off. Honestly, Futurama ended with a few decent seasons I couldn't get enough of. The only notable issue is those seasons being exclusive to Hulu.

I also felt it was a great usage of seasons being exclusive to a particular streaming service. Altogether being among my favorite overall runs from them to date. Futurama absolutely nailed exactly what we loved while improving over what we didn't like. Hulu seasons even with Season 13 dropped an entire season the same day worked insanely well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment