Wednesday, September 4, 2024

My Epic Castlevania Dominus Collection Journey

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, you thought I was done talking Castlevania lol think again!!! I'm still mind blown I fully achievement hunt Castlevania Dominus Collection. Within the calculate time of three days according to TrueAchievements' website. I will explain mostly my main strategy for such an ambitious achievement hunt process.

This achievement hunt was from August 29th to September 4th.

The first few hours I actually played both versions of Haunted Castle. Before I officially started the hunt, which ended up being my toughest to date.

There's no achievements for either version of Haunted Castle. I simply wanted to play em before the main DS Castlevania games.

Thankfully majority of the achievements is simply defeat bosses. You also have three start a game achievements as well as beat three alternative modes. Now those are the easy achievements. A lot of bosses can be quite frustrating. Order of Ecclesia kept the boss lineup straight forward. The other two DS games, it's possible to miss a few bosses.

Also no Nest of Evil in Portrait of Ruin doesn't count towards this. You will be all kind of monsters with Death being the most recurring boss. He's in five difficult boss fights across three games. It's very important to get geared up as well as leveled up. Especially in Order of Ecclesia's case, it's a tough game. For me it took a good while before I could grind up levels the way I wanted to.

To clarify, if we counted both versions of Haunted Castle. Dracula has the most actual boss fights in the game. Which would technically include a what if final boss with Soma.

You got to adapt very quickly or you won't get far. If you can look stuff up, you may need to. There's some curve balls that threw me off during this process. You need to expect hours will go into this achievement hunt. You have several screen options, I prefer most of it being the main screen. On the right side is the other essentials you'll need.

This by itself saves time from going to stats screen to keep checking experience you need. In order to level up, which can get rather tedious at times. You gotta learn the maps to the best of your ability. Dawn of Sorrow is one huge map while the other two DS Castlevania games has several maps. Which does notably differ in size.

My main thought process is keep going even with all the road blocks I faced. I wasn't willing to give up, I did use rewind notably to confess. Sometimes, you gotta find the better gear. Otherwise even being leveled up with not great stuff. Well your chances aren't great well before the ending portions. I do like how straight forward the achievements were.

Although, I kinda prefer the variety within Castlevania Advance Collection myself. You got a ridiculous amount of work ahead. If you dare attempt going for every achievement/trophy in this compilation. Also expect some unfair advantages during the boss fights too. Some might even cause possible rage quitting.

Another factor is because two of them has several maps. You will start to feel over whelm with where to go. At times, you may wanna watch or read a guide to help. Personally, I only looked stuff up when I needed to. This will truly test your determination from start to finish in every sense of the word. The secondary modes excluding Sisters mode in Portrait of Ruin are notably faster versions.

Simply start up a game, it even have to be fully started to get achievements/trophies. These aren't as close as hard as many boss achievements/trophies in the game. There's a great variety within the boss fights too. You should know if you haven't played em or the GBA Castlevania games. There's a lot of bosses with a few optional ones.

The way Order of Ecclesia played out none are missable bosses. Another major factor is you got to know conditions for the best endings. It's all very different across the three DS games. In Dawn of Sorrow, you got to use Mina's Talisman before entering a particular boss room door. Which doesn't have a boss inside to clarify.

This is the easiest of the three to get. In Portrait of Ruin, Charlotte during the sisters boss fight must have Sanctuary spell to save em. Then you play the remaining worlds before the final bosses. I can tell you from experience this is a pain to pull off during the boss fight. We haven't gotten the most frustrating.

This one could be seen as a two part condition for the best ending. The first major condition the game doesn't openly tell you until the bad ending with simply showing trapped villagers that's it. Yes you gotta save the villagers. This is important because if you saved em all or not. By the time you fight Albus determines your ending.

Thankfully if you get the bad endings, you can resume to go for the best endings. Therefore, you don't have to start over to do it all over again thank god for that!!! The second factor is making sure you collected all three Cerberus glyphs. Which gives you entry towards where Dracula is in his castle. One cool ability done differently across all three games is being able to fly really comes in handily.

There is no full map completion achievements, same with Castlevania Advance Collection. There's no need to consider how long you're taking since it has no impact on which ending you get. I do recommend taking as many breaks needed. Personally I marathon the crap out of it until I got em all. I hope this helps people to better their chances at getting every achievement/trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment