Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Bad Horror Movie Sequel Wednesdays #9 Seed of Chucky

Today so happens to be my two years anniversary of being married. I figured to aim for something on the level of being it's so bad it's good. Not everyone will see the following movie being bad. To me I have plenty of reasons to dislike it.

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I know on & off I kept saying I might do Seed of Chucky. I think it is finally time to nail it against the wall with Chucky's head cut off. This is a movie that isn't necessary bad but many great reasons does hurt it in the long run.


The sixth Child's Play movie goes too much comedy than actually being a horror movie. The entire story feels like a random parody fan film. Seed of Chucky has some of the absolute worst characters in any horror movie. Glen & Glenda are twins that in majority of the movie stuck inside one body. These characters are an reference to a Ed Wood movie.

Not even Chucky can save this movie. A lot of the kills are strangely boring. The closest one worth mentioning was a man getting his head cut off by Chucky & Tiffany. This is similar to Wes Craven's New Nightmare except that was way better than this garbage. This aims too high with the humor greatly out shadowing the horror.

Some of the absolute worst jokes in any horror movie is present here. I know what some Chucky fans are probably wondering. Hey Jack why aren't you doing Child's Play 3 instead? To be honest it does come off a little boring. It does require some more editing on what should've made it to the final film. At least I could name a few scenes I wouldn't mine rewatching.

Seed of Chucky is both fitting to a degree & a weird title for a horror movie. No one wants to see seed in any horror movie's titles. I don't care for Chucky's kids at all. Especially Glen who brings absolutely nothing to this movie. Tiffany was simply better in Bride of Chucky. I actually seen it for the first time for my birthday.

Of course many modern horror movies has a few versions available. I know I didn't take time talking about Jason Goes to Hell on that. Mostly because unrated version was way better than the version most people seen. In this case not even unrated version is going to save this movie. Chucky sorta reminds me of Gingerdead Man in this movie for some odd reason.

Maybe because Gingerdead Man had a similar movie that came a few years later. Chucky comes off not being funny for long. Yes some random moments can be funny for a few seconds. Most of it comes off rushed & forced. Any comedian would tell you a secret to a great joke is time. This movie didn't take the time to properly add in horror elements.

After a couple of Child's Play movies. We finally get to see what Chucky attempted a lot to work. Usually we see it used in transferring souls from their bodies into dolls. Most of the time attempting it again to not work. This is a rare moment in the franchise that's a spoiler of the ending. You do get to see more Jennifer Tilly for anyone that likes her.

I know her best from Family Guy, Tiffany in this franchise & Lola from Hey Arnold. This movie comes more of as a parody movie than an true horror movie. Thankfully with Curse of Chucky, they went back to their roots. I do highly recommend that movie for fellow Chucky fans. Seed of Chucky has some of the weirdest moments I ever seen.

A great example of this was Glen owning Chucky in a mix between material arts & axe murder. I guess I should ask him a question lol. Seriously that joke never gets old but you know what does? Is Glen a boy or a girl parts of this movie? Why is it so necessary to include those part guys? Bottom line this didn't help with many people coming forward about their genders.

Before I continue I mean no disrespect to those people. They been through a lot I imagine over the years. Anyway Seed of Chucky does have that Brittany Spears scene. To clarify it was a professional look like to be her in the movie. This is usually one of the most talked about scenes in the entire movie.

I felt this was one of the few times this was needed. This is also one of the few times Chucky doesn't die. Once again that concept worked better in Curse of Chucky. One thing does puzzles me though going back to Tiffany transferring her soul to Tilly's body. How or when does the kids get that? It never once explained late in the movie.

Seed of Chucky is a mix of a movie that's sorta in between what many people like & dislike. I felt a lot of changes could've been this movie a lot better. Chucky was seriously down play this time that isn't a good thing. Their kids are some of the worst horror movie characters ever. Not a lot of kills worth noting here.

In all honestly stick with the other Child's Play movies. Of course like many fans I am looking forward to seeing Cult of Chucky. After all Chucky is one of my absolute favorite horror movie killers. This is a movie that should be avoided if you are true fans of the series. If you like horror comedy movies I could recommend it to you.

Honestly if you want a few great comedy horror movies. Shaun of the Dead, Ghostbusters, Scary Movie & Lumberjack Man are probably your best bets. All of them are way more worth your time, money & watching with people. Seed of Chucky really felt flat on & of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment